September 2016 will house the 2nd Irish Concertina workshop in the Netherlands! In continuation of last year’s successful event, the two renowned concertina teachers from Ireland, Cormac Begley (Co. Kerry) and Jack Talty (Co. Clare) will once again share their technique and tunes in a fantastic two-day workshop.
This workshop is catered to anglo-concertina players who have familiarity with the instrument as well with Irish traditional music. Although this workshop is in some respect a continuation of last year’s event, new participants are more than welcome! Since there will be two teachers during the weekend, you can be assured of intensive tutoring in a relaxed atmosphere.
Cormac Begley and Jack Talty are both top concertina players and well-respected teachers. They have toured the world – from Ireland to Japan – to perform and teach the art of concertina playing. Their CD ‘Na Fir Bolg’ is considered as the pinnacle of Irish concertina duet playing.
Prior to this workshop, they will be playing live in concert in The Netherlands and in Belgium. Keep an eye on the website for exact tour dates; they will be announced shortly.
- Saturday and Sunday 24th & 25th of September
- Saturday: 10:00-17:00
- Sunday: 10:30-17:00
- There will be an opportunity to play some tunes in a private session on the Saturday evening.
- Location will be in Oud-Beijerland Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands
- open to anglo-concertina players who have affinity with Irish traditional music
- basic knowledge of your instrument is required
- if you are not sure if you will fit the workshop, please contact email@example.com for advice.
- The cost of this two-day workshop is €130, which includes coffee, tea and refreshments during the day and lunch.
- The area of Oud-Beijerland contains various places to stay and is also close to Rotterdam. Sites like booking.com and tripadvisor.com may help you in finding a nice place to stay.
- Before the workshop weekend- on the Thursday and Friday – Cormac and Jack can also be heard performing in concert in The Netherlands. You can find all information at the concert page! Workshop members will receive a €5 discount on the concert ticket price.
- To enter for the workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your desire to participate and your previous experience with concertina playing
- Payments for the workshop can be made by doing a bank transfer of the fee to Martin van Hensbergen, NL89 RABO 0330 6021 95, with description: ‘concertina workshop 2016’
- Note that your registration is not final until payment has been received.
- Should you have any questions, for example, about the level of concertina playing required for this workshop, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We will try our best to make this workshop suitable for as many people as possible!